Wow... I'm still very inconsistent with this blogging habit. I'm not sure if it's because we're in the midst of the busiest season of the year, or I am just not as dedicated as I need to be, but I think I will make (one of) my New Year's resolutions deal with my (lack of) writing.

Having a baby has really made me look at Christmas from a new perspective, especially as Anthony is now old enough to realize some of the special things that happen during this time of year. We had our first real snowfall of the year this past week, and while I typically grumble about driving in the snow and wearing bulky clothes, Anthony's continuous comments of "wow" made me reevaluate my thoughts about the powdery white stuff.

Danny bundled the little guy in snowpants, a heavy jacket, mittens, and a hat, and we let him explore the snow. It was so cute watching him try to walk, then run, on the slippery ground, and he laughed through the entire experience. Danny and I enjoyed ourselves, and the simplicity of the moment reminded me that something I often take for granted, or even despise, can be a joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment