Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I think that my "nesting" instinct is starting to kick in, as I feel a push to get Jimmy's bedroom ready for his arrival in a few short weeks.  We ordered a new crib this past weekend, and I've started collecting the bedding and accessories I want to use his nursery.  He has been a very active baby so far (as evidenced by lots of sleepless nights on my part) but the process of completing his room makes his upcoming arrival so much more real. 

I can hardly wait for the day when I can hold him in my arms, and stare into his eyes. 

I can hardly wait to look into his eyes, and see if he has has daddy's beautiful eyelashes, or my upturned nose.

I can hardly wait to see if he is round and chubby, like his big brother was at birth, or if he is long and lean.

But as I wait a for more weeks to officially meet this little miracle, I have to say thank you to God for the last 17 months I've had with my firstborn miracle. 

This is one of the first pictures we took of Anthony in the hospital.  He weighed in at over nine pounds, and was a round, soft baby that fit perfectly into my arms.   I love this picture, because it captures his personality so beautifully - active, alert, and ready to be a part of the world.  








The next picture was taken during our family vacation to Chicago, when Anthony was about ten months old.  We spent two days at Shedd's Aquarium, where he explored everything possible and enjoyed every experience.  I was worried about taking on Chicago alone with him (as Dan was in conferences during the day) but we had so much fun experiencing all of the (child friendly) places the city had to offer.  






The final picture was taken yesterday afternoon.  Despite the fact that he was home sick, he was still a happy ball of energy.  I loved the newborn time with him, as I could hold him for hours, and I loved his babyhood, when his personality was developing, but I think that this life stage is my favorite so far.  He is 17 months old, and ready to take on every single challenge and overcome any obstacle in his way!  Now that I'm getting a bit bigger and more uncomfortable, he intuitively tries to help me complete every task, from emptying the garbage to folding laundry.  He is a beautiful, amazing boy (yes, I am a bragging mother) and he is going to be a terrific big brother!








I'm not a "creative writer" in the least, so I found this poem, which captures my thoughts and reflects of Anthony at this moment...

MY DEAR CHILD

You are the poem
I dreamed of writing
the masterpiece
I longed to paint.
You are the shining star
I reached for In my
ever hopeful quest
for life fulfilled..
You are my child.
Now with all things
I am blessed.~Author Unknown~

No comments:

Post a Comment