Today is Jimmy's three week birthday, and it is also the week that I'm officially trying to get rid of the leftover baby weight. I was (slightly) better behaved during this pregnancy, as I did not indulge in Dairy Queen treats on a daily basis, so I'm not too far from my goal weight, but I still have some work to do in the coming weeks as months.
As of today, I am exactly 140 pounds, which means I have about 25 pounds to lose. The good news: I was nearly 160 pounds after Anthony was born, and I lost all of that baby weight (and then some) within nine months. The bad news: I still have weight to lose this time, and I feel compelled to lose it a bit faster, as it is summer time and that means no bulky clothing to hide under!
Here is my "official" game plan...
1. I renewed my membership to Weight Watchers online to help me be more thoughtful about my food choices. It worked last time, and I'm hoping that it helps me make better food decisions both for the purposes of weight loss and to be a healthy (nursing) momma.
2. Danny and I joined a summer farm co-op, which means we get 20 weeks of fresh, local, and primarily organic vegetables and fruits. Ideally this will expand my cooking repetoire, and help shrink my waistline by making me revise the recipes I use at home.
3. I've started (slowly) walking around my neighborhood and on my treadmill. Once I get the "go ahead" from my doctor, I plan on taking a pilates class or two to help rebuild my core. Like Weight Watchers, it worked beautifully after my last pregnancy, so hopefully we can repeat the magic!
Hopefully by this fall I'll be back to an even better version of my old self!
No comments:
Post a Comment