Fortunately, their illnesses have not dampened their spirits.
After getting Jim to sleep the other night, Anthony and I snuggled up for a bit. As we were sitting together, he leaned in close and told me, "I love you mama." In spite of his terrible cough, runny nose, and sheer exhaustion, he managed to melt my heart.
But he didn't stop there.
Anthony then broke into song. He sang, "You are so beautiful to me..." and I couldn't figure out whether to laugh or cry, so I just gave him a big hug. When he realized he was getting a great reaction, he continued singing and singing.
What a great kid.
Anthony keeps singing, and Jimmy keeps laughing. The song lyrics are so appropriate. My boys (and their daddy) are so beautiful to me. They are everything I hoped for, and everything I need.
They are so beautiful to me.
So cute! I sing that song to eddie... It usually starts with You are so beautiful to me and ends with You are so beautiful to me.... because that is the only part of the song I can remember!!!! Cute!
ReplyDelete