Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

Grateful.

If there is one word that encompasses my feelings for 2010, it is grateful

I am grateful for my wild and crazy two year old, who keeps me on my toes.





















And I am grateful for my now-mobile baby, who joined our little world in April.




















I'm grateful for my hubby, who keeps me laughing no matter what.




















And I'm grateful for all of the other super-cool family and friends in my life. 


Content.
If there is one word that (I hope) will encompass 2011, it is content.

I'm as guilty as the next person when it comes to wanting what I don't have.  But my goal (dare I say... resolution?) for 2011 is to be content with my world. 

An awesome family.
A warm and cozy house.
My health and the health of my family. 

Beyond these necessities, there isn't anything else I really need to survive... happily.

But, I am human, and because of that there are still a few (pipe) dreams that put a smile on my face. 

Like winning the HGTV Dream House.  Which is in Stowe, VT.  One of the most charming cities I have been able to visit.

I will enter to win the house every day (and I'll enter Dan's name, too).   But I will be content with my house, and my (weirdly awesome) family, and my life even if I don't win.


No comments:

Post a Comment