Dear James,
Happy first birthday my wonderful, wild baby boy!
One year ago today, you were joyfully welcomed into this world. And every day since, you have brought joy into my life.
Your sweet (and silly) smiles light up the room, this house, and our family. Your (loud) confident voice is foreshadowing an enchanting personality that is just begining to erupt. Your spirit fills our house and my heart.
When I left our house that early Wednesday morning, I knew what it was like to have a baby, to rock a baby, to nurse a baby, and to love a baby. But, in the last 365 days, I have learned what it is like to have, to rock, to nurse, and to love you, my precious Jimmy.
In many ways you remind me of your father, your brother, and even a bit of myself. You have your daddy's eyes and his devilish but sweet nature. You have your brother's cheeks and his inquisitiveness, his eagerness to learn. You have my small size and my big mouth. But in every way, you are unique and special and beautiful.
And, as the book I bought you for your birthday says, "I love you through and through."
Happy Birthday James!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment