The past sixteen months have gone by so fast. In the blink of an eye, I've watched my baby grow into a toddler and my toddler grow into a boy.
We had morning dance parties to Muse and Wicked.
We drank coffee (me) and milk (them) on the front step, watching our neighbors' landscapers.
We took family naps that captured an entire afternoon.
I will miss these days, as I head back to work tomorrow. And while I am excited to get back to teaching high school, I will miss the daily routines of the past sixteen months.
One of the hardest traditions to lose is our Thursday lunch. Nearly every Thursday, my boys and I, along with anyone else who was available, would have lunch with GG.
I am looking forward to the changes that a new school year brings.
But I am so sad to lose my Thursdays.

No comments:
Post a Comment