Thursday, March 22, 2012

Entertainment

I read Suzanne Collins'  bestseller Hunger Games (as well as Catching Fire and Mockingjay) a few months back, and I was enthralled. 

And I can hardly wait to see the film adaptation after school tomorrow!

It seems like only a few days ago that I was similarly excited to see Eclipse, which was third movie based on Stephanie Meyers' Twilight saga.  Jimmy was just a few weeks old when that movie premiered, and it was my first extended outing after his birth.  My sister and I grabbed a few sandwiches from the local deli, and headed to the theater.  We weren't expecting an Academy Award winning film, but we were content with the movie we watched.  On the car ride home, we critiqued the show like a couple of obsessed school girls. 

Little did I know that the real "show" would begin when we arrived at my house.

As we pulled into my garage, Dan was waiting for us at the door.  Looking particularly devious.  As we walked into my living room, we realized that all three of my boys had been quite busy while we were away. 



















To help Carolyn and I celebrate the movie we just watched, Dan had "customized" apparel for our little family.  Dan sported a shirt featuring Taylor Lautner (which included artificially drawn abs). 


















My less-than-three-month-old son was clearly supporting "Team Edward."
























Anthony's onsie showed off his affinity for Eclipse, as well as a small photo of Dakota Fanning. 

Needless to say, the antics in my home were significantly more entertaining than the movie itself.  However, I am now wondering if there will be any surprises when I get home from my Hunger Games outing tomorrow. 

Will my boys be supporting "Team Peeta" or "Team Gale"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment