Today, in the midst of my evening chores, I walked by our calendar and was astonished to learn that it is already June 24th. Summer is officially here, and our break from school and work is entering its third full week... and I still have not fully drafted a list of what I hope to experience this summer.
In spite of myself, we have still managed to check off quite a bit from our (imaginary) to-do list, which in fact makes it a to-done list.
Fishing and Boating We spent time with Grammy and Pa, along with Uncle Nick and Aunt Emily, in Huron. The boys got their fill of fishing and boating, and I got lots of terrific photos.

Camping on Kelley's Island This adventure was a first for both the boys and I. They loved spending time with their aunt, uncle, and cousins, and staying up late near the campfire. To be fully honest, I didn't mind sleeping in a tent, and the morning sunrise was amazing, but the lack of a private, clean place to shower freaked me out. Playing at the nearby beach made me feel a bit better, but I still experienced a huge sigh of relief once I made it back to my own house and my own shower. But, because they loved it, we will do it again this summer!
Father's Day Fun We celebrated with my dad on Saturday night, dining al fresco on steak, corn, and potatos. The following afternoon included a (rainy) cookout with the Trentanelli family. The boys thrive when they are with their extended family members, and I am so grateful that they have a terrific relationship with their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
Home Days Perhaps the best part of our summer are the "home days" we share together. Whether they occur in my own home, or at my parents' house, or my grandma's apartment, we find a few days each week to share a meal, enjoy some play time, and end the celebration with a long nap.













No comments:
Post a Comment