Last week was a fun (busy) weekend, as my cousin and her family stopped in Cleveland for a few days.
While we have always lived a few states apart, Kim and I have tried to stay connected between family gatherings, first as pen pals (back in the '90's) and later though email and the occasional phone call.
We have an odd assortment of memories as children (a vacation at Houghton Lake in Michigan, lots and lots of walks around our respective neighborhoods, and unfortunate occurances with blue eye shadow and Listerine). I think it is awesome that are kids are now developing their own relationships.
Kim and her girls met Anthony, Jimmy, Care, Julia and I at an (awesome) local park. After a few "getting to know you" moments, the kids became inseperable, and grudgingly agreed to a few photos.
Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with family events, from the countless birthday parties to holiday celebrations. But this weekend reminded me just how blessed we are to have a family, both local and long distance.
We have lots of cousins across the United States, and while I would love a huge celebration that brings us all together, a long weekend with some great cousins is beyond special.
A family's photograph album is generally about the extended family and, often, is all that remains of it.
Delia Ephron
Thank goodness we have a few updated photographs to add to the Kalal/Ratka/Trentanelli family album!





No comments:
Post a Comment