I like to think of Jimmy as my "wild thing."
Not necessarily in the feral child sort of way (though he sometimes behaves like a feral child who wears as much cookie as he eats). But in the loves-to-party-rocks-out-to-music-wants-to-make-everyone-smile sort of way.
As my little guy is growing up, his personality is exploding. He's vocabulary (and even his pronunciations) are developing, and he is doing a tremendous job voicing his preferences and sharing his thoughts. Loudly. Often.
In our house, we typically hear phrases like....
"Want to," when asked why he did something (usually) inappropriate.
"Love candy" or jellybeans, or any other sugar-laden food, even when it isn't an option.
"Need some cuddles" when he wants some love from his momma.
"I love you, I love you, I love you" when he is feeling that emotion, or (more often) quoting lines from Elf.
Jimmy loves heading out on adventures with his daddy...
But I'm pretty sure that he's a momma's boy at heart.
When I was obsessing over Pinterest the other day, I came across the saying that "boys are noise wrapped up in dirt." And while that is partially true, I would add amend it say that my Jimmy is noise and dirt... but he is also laughter and opinion and mischief and song and love.
The mischief part is evidenced here...






Great post! You are so good with words! I enjoying reading what you have to say about your family!!!
ReplyDelete