Today we celebrate my dad, who does the craziest little things to make us happy.
I remember (countless evenings) when my sisters and I decided we needed a night time snack. It could be a blizzard, it could be eleven o'clock at night, it could be after a long day at work, and still my dad would venture out fulfull our (ridiculous) needs. He's continued the tradition with my boys, who excitedly ask for "Grandpa bread" every day he walks into the door.
My dad will drop anything to drive us anywhere. He drove Dan and I to the airport in a blizzard... because we HAD to go to Las Vegas. He drove a set of keys three counties away... because I forgot the keys to my in-laws cottage. He drives Anthony to preschool each week... even though it is nearly 50 miles from his house.
When I'm in jam, he's definitely one of our first responders. I caught a rotten case of the flu a few years ago, when Anthony was just a baby. My dad was at our door (even though the dentist just finished a root canal) to deliver Gatorade and pick up a baby. He knew he would end of with the flu because of this, but he did it anyway.
Even when we were younger, he found crazy little ways to make us happy. There was the parachute in the basement (at the old house), the countless bike rides, and plenty of trips to Dairy Chalet.
Happy Birthday Dad! Thanks for all of the crazy little (and big) things you do to make us all happy.
Love,
Allison


No comments:
Post a Comment