Tuesday, June 11, 2013

(Awesome) Motherhood Moments

While I still contend (as a daugther and grandaughter) that Mother's Day is lame, there were some pretty powerful moments during that weekend which (as a mother) were simply awesome. 

My kids spend a healthy span of time at their sitter's house, and she and her family take beautiful care of my boys.  During this time they have built friendships, engaged in adventures, and created memories that they share with me each night.  And while I know they enjoy being there, I often feel jealous that I can't share in those moments with them. 

Just before Mother's Day, my sitter texted me this picture of Jimmy...






When I picked him up that afternoon, I showed him the photo, and asked what he was doing.

Thinking happy things about you and how much I love you.


My heart melted, because I think those thoughts about Jimmy and his brother when we are apart, too.



Later that weekend, Anthony sent his dad on a mission for a very specific Mother's Day present.  He has become very excited to select and present gifts to those he loves, and he had a very special gift in mind for me.

Those who know me well recognize that I am no athlete.  I am particularly rotten at any sport that involves a ball.  But my Anthony wanted to share an important part of his life with me, and for that reason, the baseball mitt was a perfect gift.























No comments:

Post a Comment