This summer is full of breaks.
Obviously I've taken a break from documenting my kids' lives on the blog, as it has been more than a month since I last posted anything at all. To be honest, I've been spending lots of time on Instagram because it is quick and dirty, but at the end of the day (or at least, the end of the summer) I will fully reunite with my blog, because it is more about reflection, and less about flaunting my blessings (which is really all I am doing on Instagram).
The boys' and I have (somewhat regretfully) taken a break from routines. I am a creature of habit, and I have pretty much failed in creating any schedule or routine or habits this summer, with the exception of Thursday lunches with GG. We hit the pool whenever we feel like, with whomever I remember to text or call. We nap at noon, or four, or sometimes not at all. We take our evening baths in the morning, or the afternoon, or when I realize that too many days have gone by since the last real bath.
This break from consistency and organization is frustrating, but it is also freeing. We'll be back to the old schedule (or a better version of it) once the school year begins, but we are going to let this free-wheeling summer ride as long as possible.
Tonight's trip to the beach highlights our break beautifully. We had no plans this evening, so after we wrapped dinner, we threw on our swimsuits, jumped into our "race car," and headed towards the sunset. There were no plans, no details, and even no beach towels, but we enjoyed the moments and the sand and eachother.

No comments:
Post a Comment