We didn't leave Northeast Ohio... but did we do enough stuff to make this summer memorable?
I dreamt of accomplishing lots of projects around the house... do I have anything to show for it?
School is just around the corner... am I ready? Are we ready?
The second two questions are easier to answer.
No, I am not ready for the next school year, and I'm most certainly not ready to have two boys in preschool. But a wise teacher once gave me this advice... ready, fire, aim. So when mid-August rolls around, I will ready, fire, aim, and we will be just fine. Lessons will be planned, lunches will be made, and we will be back into our fall/winter/spring routine, and all will be well with our world.
No, I did not accomplish anything of substance. I planned on constructing a headboard for my bed. I hoped to reo-do my entryway to make it more child (read: mud) friendly. I wanted to (have Danny) repaint the living room. But, as always happens with me, I read and I played and I napped (alongside my favorite playmates) and don't have too much to show for it... which leads to the biggest question...
Did we do enough stuff to make this summer memorable?
While initial reaction is no, in reality I have lots of memories to make up for what I didn't accomplish, and the exotic vacations we didn't take. The books we read, games we played, and naps we took are memory enough to carry me through the school year. And if that is not enough, I do have some photo documentation that proves we did something.
We spent time with family. Our little family, and our extended families, too. New places are cool, things are nice, but the people we surround ourselves with are what makes life memorable. Thank goodness we have a extensive list of characters that make up our family and friends, and have crafted memories that will last long beyond vacation souvenirs and fresh coat of paint.
![]() |
| Trentanelli family canoe trip |
![]() |
| Ratka family pool party |
![]() |
| Checking out the Tall Ships Festival in downtown Cleveland |



No comments:
Post a Comment