Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Confessions of a Crummy Blogger

Hello.

My name is Allison.

And I have (sadly) neglected my blog since summer.

To be fully honest, I've been more invested in my relationship with Instagram because it is (not surprisingly) convenient and easy, but it does not leave me nearly as fulfilled.  So, two months into the New Year, I am going to work to rekindle this relationship, if for no other reason than to put life into perspective. 

Now that I have that confession and (weak) commitment out of the way, I can easily say the past few months have been a blessed combination of mundane and manic.  We are trudging through the winter, celebrating snow days and bundling up for adventures beyond our house.  Our home days are (blissfully) endless cycles of routine… pillow forts and art projects and superhero costumes that interrupt homework time and household chores and snow play and lots of books.  As much as I yearn for the freedom of summer, being contained in the house with the boys has a unique magic.   Cabin fever and degrees of boredom have forced us to find new ways to play and to connect. 

Fort Trentanelli, prior to its untimely demolition.






















As I updated the blog, I stumbled on this little gem from Omar Khayyam…

Be happy for this moment.  For this moment is your life.


This moment, this collection of moments, is my life.   Playing superheroes, practicing letters, and constructing room-sized forts is my family life, and it is these moments that I am happiest. 

Practicing for the 2022 Winter Olympics. 

Translating our love of Batman into a preschool project.




No comments:

Post a Comment