Today is Danny's birthday, and he had two (simple) requests - a picnic in the park and a cheesecake. My mom (always my hero) made the cake, and I planned our picnic to the park. We filled up our wagon and our stroller, and headed down to the river.
Even though it was his birthday, Dan took charge of the grill and cooked the brats while Jimmy supervised from his stroller.
Anthony ran through the field...
... And played in the leaves.
We made sure to say "Happy Birthday, Daddy" countless times, and paused to take a few photos to capture the afternoon.
One of the (many) things I adore about Dan is his appreciation for simplicity. I have a tendency to complicate (everything), but he gravitates towards the simple pleasures in life, like picnics in the park and spending time with his family. Because of him, I can also enjoy these moments for exactly what they are... moments of happy time with my family.
Happy Birthday Danny!






No comments:
Post a Comment