That's my pirate name.
Seriously.
We've had lots of conversation about pirates in my house. It began a few months back, when my parents bought Anthony a super-cool water table that looks like - you guessed it - a pirate ship.
More recently, Anthony saw his first "pirate" at my school's Homecoming Game on Friday. He loves marching bands, and he loves football games, and he (really) loves hot dogs. But he does not love marching bands and football games and hot dogs if there is a pirate mascot in a 100 yard radius.
According to Anthony, pirates are "keery," which translates in adult speak to "scary."
So how does this all relate to my pirate name?
To put it simply, I am the Queen of Procrastination, and instead of completing something I needed to finish yesterday, I took an online quiz at http://www.piratequiz.com and discovered that my pirate name is Red Bess Kid. The quiz also gave a little insight into my personality. According to the website, "passion is a big part of your life, which makes sense for a pirate. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!"
Speaking of pirates...
My littlest matey cut his first tooth today. I can't call Jimmy my "toothless wonder" any more, as his bottom tooth has (finally) popped through!
No comments:
Post a Comment