Tuesday, April 30, 2013

(Real) Good Time

The rain chased us inside, but my party rockers still had good time celebrating Jimmy's birthday.  He woke us up just after six in the morning to open presents and begin the party. 








































Despite the early start to the day, Jimmy was still going strong when our families arrived later in the afternoon.  From baseball in the rain to pillow forts, all of which was seasoned by sugary pop and cupcakes, the cousins all had boundless energy which exploded (mostly) indoors.  The only moment we got (nearly) everyone to pause was when we sang Happy Birthday to Jim.









































Like many other events, the day was a blur.  I'm pretty sure I didn't have an extended conversation with most of the family that came to celebrate.  I know that I didn't get many pictures of Jim, much less anyone else.  But I also know that I have lots of small(er) memories of the day that will last in my heart. 

Jimmy beaming as we sang Happy Birthday because he "gets" what birthdays are  now.
Anthony excitedly decorating the living room and organizing the presents the night before, so Jimmy could wake up to a birthday surprise.
Paige giving Anthony a bear hug when Anthony realized Jimmy got all the gifts, because she's been in that place before, too.
Jimmy saying "thank you for a great day" as we snuggled into bed that evening.

He's right... I am so thankful for another (real) good time and a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment