Saturday, December 18, 2010

I Love My Mommy

I love my mommy.

I never realized just how much  I could love and need my mom... as an adult.  As with all mother-daughter relationships, we have had our roller coaster moments. But having children of my own has added a new dimension to our relationship. 

My mommy loves us and care for us in countless ways.  This weekend was a perfect example.  Dan had a challenging wrestling schedule, so she came to stay with us.



















She cooked the meals I love, did my laundry (which I loathe), read The Polar Express to Anthony a thousand times, and gave Jimmy some precious individual attention.  To put it simply, we were spoiled rotten.






















I had a wonderful time just being in her presence.  All of her motherly touches, like a quick back rub or a hot cup of coffee, made everything right with the world.  Wrapping presents and sipping wine and listening to Christmas music and talking about life made for a beautiful evening. 

Some of my friends have challenging relationships with their mothers.  Other friends have lost their mothers in one way or another.  I am so blessed to have my mother in my life and in my world.

I love my mommy.

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful!!! I feel the same way about my moms!!! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete