Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wednesday Weigh In

Back in May I wrote a post titled Wednesday Weigh In, which had some pretty lofty goals (mostly to lose the baby weight) and some strategies to help me along the way.  On the day of that post, I weighed 140 pounds, and was squeezing into my size 8 clothes. 

And then I never posted about my weight loss "adventures" again.  Mostly because I was lazy.  In lots of ways.

To put it simply, I fell off of my wagon before it really got going.  But I'm (slowly) getting back on the wagon again.  Here's a look at where I was back in May, where I am today (December), and where I need to be (soon).

Then:  140 pounds
Now: 128 pounds

Then: I renewed my membership to Weight Watchers online to help me be more thoughtful about my food choices. It worked last time, and I'm hoping that it helps me make better food decisions both for the purposes of weight loss and to be a healthy (nursing) momma.

Now: I followed Weight Watchers online for two months, which helped me become more thoughtful about my eating habits.  I don't use the service any more, but I'm much more cognizant of portions and calories, which has been (mildly) helpful. 

Then: Danny and I joined a summer farm co-op, which means we get 20 weeks of fresh, local, and primarily organic vegetables and fruits. Ideally this will expand my cooking repetoire, and help shrink my waistline by making me revise the recipes I use at home.

Now: While it was quite the culinary adventure, I won't be doing this again soon.  It was great to get fresh produce, but I think it will be more economical to shop at the local farmer's market, where I can get exactly what I need, rather than participate in the co-op.  On the positive side, I did learn lots of new recipes.  However, my family was tired of eating zucchini, tomatoes, and collard greens for weeks on end.
Then: I've started (slowly) walking around my neighborhood and on my treadmill. Once I get the "go ahead" from my doctor, I plan on taking a pilates class or two to help rebuild my core. Like Weight Watchers, it worked beautifully after my last pregnancy, so hopefully we can repeat the magic!

Now:  During the warmer months I walked outside with the boys every day.  Now that the weather has turned colder, I drag my sorry self onto the treadmill (most) weekday mornings to do interval training. Unfortunately, time (and money) got away from me, so I never found a pilates class to take, but I try and practice what I remember here at home once or twice per week. 


Looking over my "thens" and "nows," I'm not sure what to think.  I've lost weight and have started to get back into shape, but I have quite a long way to go!  Part of me feels like I should wait until New Years to make a formal resolution, but I need something to keep me in line during the holiday season.

With that being said, here are my long term goals, as well as my short term targets:

Then: 140 lbs
Now: 128 lbs
Next Steps: 125 lbs by January 1st
Goal: 115 lbs

Then: Walk (very, very) slowly for 20 minutes
Now: Interval train for 20-30 minutes three or four times per week
Next Steps: Interval train for 20-30 minutes three or four times per week, and consistently add in pilates or free weights two days for week
Goal: Run in a 5k this summer

Then: Size 8/10
Now: Size 6
Goal:  Size 4

Okay, okay... I know clothing sizes shouldn't matter.  And they don't.  Really.  But IF I could be in a size 4 by the time school starts, then I would have the perfect excuse for a great shopping adventure.

Of course, my ultimate goals are to lose weight and be healthy to keep up with all of my boys.  But a (limited) shopping spree would be great, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment