Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mommy's Baby

I spent the past hour or so wrapping Jimmy's birthday presents when it struck me that my baby is going to be two years old.

He's not a baby anymore.

The other day his sitter noted the same thing, commenting to Jimmy that, "you're not a baby anymore."  My little spitfire responded rather quickly that I mommy's baby.  And while he is no longer a baby in the physical sense, he (just like his older brother) will always be mommy's baby.

I vividly recall the first time I held him.  The nurse nestled him in my arms as we left the operating room and headed back to our suite.  At that moment, he was mommy's baby.

























The memory of his baptism is seared in my heart and in my mind.  Knowing that he is part of God's family, and that he will carry on the same religious traditions that I was raised with brings me joy. And while he became God's child that day, he was also mommy's baby


















I remember the afternoon we took this photo, when Jimmy first started revealing his over-the-top personality.  Danny and Anthony were napping upstairs, while Jim spent a solid hour entertaining me with smiles, drool, and his dimple.  This afternoon he was most certainly mommy's baby.
























Jimmy's first Christmas was quiet, but memorable.  He met Santa, spent time with family and friends, and started realizing there was a whole world around him.  But during this holiday season, he was most certainly mommy's baby



















We celebrated first teeth, first steps, and before we knew it, we celebrated Jimmy's first birthday.  He dove into his presents and devoured his cake, and through it all he was mommy's baby.



















The past summer was filled with sun, sand, and swimming pools.  He played with his brother, and wrestled with his father, but at the (beginning, middle, and) end of the day, he was mommy's baby.



















Whether cozying up with a good book, or crazily running through the yard, Jimmy's energy and enthusiasm never ceases to amaze me.  And while he grew more independent, and frankly more bold, he is always mommy's baby.
























Age two brings so many more milestones, and I can hardly wait to see the way that my Jimmy's personality continues to develop.  And while he will have more opportunities to explore the world and engage with the family and friends that love him so much...

Jimmy will always be mommy's baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment