The last few weeks have been pretty hectic, as we went from a busy holiday season to a busy wrestling season. Fortunately, this is one of those nights where Danny's team does not have any matches scheduled, so we are taking advantage of the opportunity and going out for dinner. As soon as Anthony's is out for the night, and the babysitter arrives, we are out for an hour or two of adult conversation!
Before having Anthony, we joked that we lived like "rock stars." We ate out constantly, went out of town regularly, and made lots of spontaneous decisions.
Having a baby changes everything...
Now, we plan our meals, plan our grocery shopping trips, plan our date nights, and even plan a time to play. I thought I would be resistant at first, but in fact, it has been a great change. I think it forces us to really make decisions about what to do, and what is best for our family at that moment.
It was fun to be spontaneous, but I'm glad that time has past, and we now have a beautiful reason(s) to plan every minute of our day!
No comments:
Post a Comment