Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

The end of 2009, and the beginning of 2010, have been very peaceful and relaxing.  Partly because of the intense snow, and partly because the holidays were quite busy, we decided to stay in for New Year's Eve, and spend time together as a family.  Anthony entertained us (as always), and once he was in bed Danny and I celebrated by eating a crab dinner.  Unfortuately, we were sound asleep by 11pm, so we didn't offically ring in the new year until Anthony woke up at 6:30am.

Today was just as quiet.  We brought out the nice china, and ate a noontime meal together in the dining room.  Anthony and I spent some time playing in the snow, and the three us of watched Ohio State with the 2010 Rose Bowl.  It was the perfect way to begin a new year and a new decade.

As the first day of 2010 winds down, I want to focus on living simply.  Whether it is staying in and sharing a meal as a family, or playing with my son outside, I want to shift my attention from the mundane details that often consume my minutes, and spend more time enjoying the small moments that make my life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment