Sometimes it is the little things that make me smile. Normally, it's something silly my son does, or something funny my husband says, but today it's a text message I received from one of my students. Prior to the long weekend, I assigned my classes to read Mitch Albom's book Tuesdays With Morrie. It's been an important read in my life, and it fits nicely in our service learning curriculum. More importantly, it's one of those books that resonates with the students year after year.
Apparently this year is no different! Just before bed last night, I checked my cell phone, and one of my students sent this message:
I was going to tell you this tmrw, but i couldnt wait any longer. Tuesdays with morrie is drastically changing me and putting my life in a different perspective.
Today, I'm smiling because I am again reminded of the power of books!
No comments:
Post a Comment