Dear Anthony,
Two years ago today, my life changed in the most beautiful way possible. Two years ago today, a nurse put this (heavy) precious bundle into my arms, and from that moment everything was different.
During your first year of life, I looked at you with wonder and awe. Every expression and every sound that came from you took my breath away. I could not, and still cannot, believe that I was blessed with you. I had heard that having a baby changes everything, yet I could not fathom the truth of that statement until I looked at your perfect face.
During your second year of life, you taught me to look at the world with wonder and awe. Every tiny part of the world excites your curiosity and amazement, and you encourage me to share in your explorations.
I love the way you dance with your body and heart, and let the music of the world completely envelope you. More importantly, you invite everyone around you to join in the fun, and share the experience with you.
I love the affection you so freely give your family. Your kisses warm my heart, and your hugs give life.
I love the kindness and love you shower on your brother. He will look to you as a guide, mentor, and friend, and you have already begun to show him the love you have to offer.
I love you, Anthony William, and I am a better human being because of you.
Happy 2nd Birthday, Anthony William.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment