As I was driving to the store I hear the Barenaked Ladies song "If I Had a Million Dollars" and that got me thinking... what would I splurge on if I had a million dollars?
Personal Chef - I enjoy cooking, but I would definitely spend part of my money on a chef who could create tasty, beautiful, and healthy cuisine. Like they show on The Food Network. Or (better yet, my favorite show) Top Chef. This personal chef would be so creative that he would make vegetables delicious enough that Anthony (and Danny) would devour them, and everything would be low-calorie and low-fat, so I would never feel guilty having a second helping.
Personal Sushi Chef - Similiar to above, but there would be a chef dedicated to making me sushi whenever I felt like it. Which would be every day. Maybe even every meal.
Laundry Expert - As anyone who has seen my laundry room (or clothes baskets, or closets) can attest, I absolutely despise doing laundry. If I had a million dollars, I would hire an expert who could get out any stain (like baby puke or the remains of Anthony's lunch) and would press, hang, fold, and put away all of the lovely clothes I (would) have.
Stylist - I'm pretty clueless when it comes to clothes, so I would need someone to lay out my clothes for me. Every day. Particularly accessories.
A girl can dream, right?
On second thought, as I think about the lyrics, the end of the song promises that...
If I had a million dollars,
Well, I'd buy you a monkey.
I suppose I don't need a million dollars after all, because I have two amazing little monkeys. Well, three little monkeys, if you count Curious George.

No comments:
Post a Comment