That doesn't mean it was a bad day, though. On the contrary, we had a great time as we drove across town. Because the party for my uncle was in the early afternoon, we "car napped" the boys and took a long drive over to my parents house on the west side. As silly as it seems, it's great when the boys take their naps in the car. I love having them sleep only an arm's length away, and it gives Danny and I some quiet time to talk and catch up with each other, or to quietly enjoy the same space.
After the boys finished their naps, we picked up my mom, and headed to my Uncle Paul's 90th birthday party. It was great to celebrate such a momentous birthday, but it was a bit awkward to be in a room filled with perfect strangers that are actually related to you. My mom and my gram introduced us to some cousins, and I got the chance to investigate the genealogy report one cousin completed. It actually filled in some holes that Dan and I were researching, which was really helpful.
After the party, we spent some time with my parents before heading over to the Miller's house for Anthony's haircut. Care's wonderful mother-in-law has been terrific about cutting Anthony's hair. She's won him over, and while he clearly despises haircuts, he loves Bonnie enough that he endures them. A popsicle helps get the job done, too.
Speaking of Care, I'm so sad that she and Danny head back to school next week. It has been an awesome summer, and she has been so helpful and attentive with the boys. And they clearly adore her and Rob in return.


No comments:
Post a Comment