Saturday, August 14, 2010

Endless Summer

When I was a little kid, I thought that summer vacation was an eternity.  Each day blended into the next, and each day was filled with swimming and biking and playing and living.  It wasn't a big deal if you didn't get to do something today, because there was always tomorrow.

As an adult, it feels as if there is never enough time.  And tomorrow is always filled with another "to do" list.  I'm not complaining... really, I'm not! It's just that I feel a bit sad I spent so much time this summer getting "things" done that I didn't play and live quite as much as I would have liked. 

This is the last week of summer before Danny heads back to school, and while we have a lot on our plate, my pledge this week is to play and live as much as possible.  Sure, we'll get "things" done, too, but hopefully each day this week will blend into the next, just like when I was a little kid.

And, just in case I need some inspiration to simply play and simply live, here they are...


Anthony and his daddy enjoying a day in the sun and on the water in Huron...


And sweet little Jimmy, hanging out with (or is it on?) his aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment