He is content to sit back and take in the world, whether it is in his mommy's lap, his much-loved swing, or just a blanket on the floor.
He calmly watches Anthony dance in circles near, around, and even over him, and carefully observes every move his big brother makes. Jimmy keeps my company while I cook in the kitchen, and cozies up in my lap as I read a good book. In so many ways, he is the perfect companion.
Now that he realizes there is a great big world around him, he is eager to take in the sights. He loves taking adventures with the family, but is just as content to watch all of the activity in our own living room.
And while Jimmy is what I could call a "chill" baby, he still insists on being part of the action. He (often loudly) participates in all of our conversations, and loves nothing more than a long chat with mom or dad, or even Anthony.
His voice is louder and clearer than you expect, and though he's not whiny, he always make us aware of his needs, which are fairly simple... lots of hugs, plenty of milk, regular conversation, and a spot in the middle of the action.
I knew I was blessed the moment I found out I was pregnant, and I was thrilled to learn during an ultrasound that I was having a second boy, but I couldn't even begin to imagine how much this boy, along with his big brother, would capture my heart. Jimmy is growing up tremendously fast, and I feel both excited to see what each stage brings, but also an urge to slow down and appreciate all of the moments I have with my boys.



No comments:
Post a Comment